In both my visual work and in my written commentaries, the focus is on satirizing the tragic consequences of blind faith placed in economies of narcissistic reward.
- “Facing Innocence: The Art of Gottfried Helnwein,” Crocker Art Museum, 2011
- “Cirian Logic and the Painting of Preconstruction,” Circulo de Bellas Artes, Madrid, 2010
- “Administrativism and its Discontents,” Art Criticism, SUNY Stony Brook, 2006
- Corresponding Editor: Art in America, 2003-Present
- MFA, San Francisco Art Institute, 1979
- BFA, San Francisco Art Institute, 1977