Student Government at SFAI comprises two governing bodies: Student Union, representing the undergraduate students, and Legion of Graduate Students (LOGS), representing the graduate and post-baccalaureate students.
Both groups promote the social and academic interests of the student community through advocacy, programming, and services. Together, they serve as the official voice of students to SFAI faculty, administration, and the Board of Directors.
All students are welcome to participate in any student government meeting or activity. Students can also request funding from one of the governing bodies to implement a student event on campus. Download the Proposal Form for instructions on how to submit a proposal to Student Union and/or LOGS.
Student Union/LOGS will review proposals based on the following criteria:
- Proposals must benefit the SFAI Community.
- Priority is given to proposals that enrich the student experience at SFAI.
- Proposals will only be allowed for events that have not yet occurred.
- Proposals must be complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- If a proposal is sponsored by Student Union/LOGS, the resulting event or program must be open to all SFAI students and widely advertised around the Chestnut Street campus and Graduate Center (as appropriate).
- Students and student groups receiving funding must acknowledge "Sponsored by Student Union" or "Sponsored by LOGS" in all on-campus publications and announcements regarding the event/program.
- Allotted Student Union/LOGS proposal money may be revoked if the proposal is severely altered or modified after its approval.
- Student Union automatically tables any proposal over the amount $200 for one week.