Spring Show Submissions
All graduating BFA and Post Baccalaureate artists are encouraged to participate in the 2013 Spring Show!
All applications are due Friday, April 26
- Graduating BFA and Post Baccalaureate students are eligible and encouraged to submit work to the Spring Show. Each student submitting work will have one piece accepted. Acceptance of multiple works will be at the discretion of the curator.
- Application forms are available for download: General Application Form / Site-Specific or Performance Form
- Submit your completed application form by Friday, April 26 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Original work must be submitted ready to install, taking every professional presentation issue into full consideration. Work not meeting professional exhibition standards may be rejected.
- Students are required to de-install their own work on Saturday, May 25 beginning at 4 pm.
Questions? Contact Sherry Knutson at email@example.com.
All works must be submitted by Friday, May 10
Contact: Renee Rhodes, New Genres Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact: David Borengasser, Film Coordinator (email@example.com)
Film/Video Screening Submission Requirements
- This screening is open to all graduating BFA students.
- Multiple works may be submitted, but we cannot guarantee more than one film or video per student will be screened.
- Please note that performance documentation or looped works are not appropriate for the Lecture Hall screening.
- If you wish to submit video installations, please fill out an installation proposal form.
Video Submission Formats
- Videos must be uploaded to the “BFA Spring Show Film and Video 2013” folder on Chestnut Share OR downloaded to the Film Department hard drive in the Film Checkout Office.
- Standard definition videos must be NTSC format.
- HD files are preferred in 1920x1080 Apple ProRes 422 format.
- Label your video files with your name and title, e.g., LastName_FirstName_Title_of_Movie
Film Submission Formats
- 16mm and Super 8mm films should have adequate head and tail leader as well as clean tape splices.
- Label your film reel: name, title, running time, frame rate, sound or silent.
- If you require double system sound or other alternative forms of sound and image, please contact David Borengasser by April 26.
- If you wish to be included in the video loop throughout the week of Spring Show, please include a video version of your work by following the video submission guidelines above.
Contact: Gabriel Penfield, Sculpture/Ceramics and Design and Technology Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All work must be delivered ready-to-install on Friday, May 10, from 10 am–4 pm in the Courtyard.