-We are now accepting applications through June 1, 2013!
-The scholarship application deadline was April 1, 2013.
-The international student application deadline was April 1, 2013.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply early in order to get your first choice of classes.
- A completed and signed application form
- A disc containing five to eight examples of work that reflects your imagination and originality. For students pursuing time-based mediums such as video or film, please submit a DVD with five to ten minutes of your work.
- Images should be in jpeg file format, and be no larger than 2,000 x 2,000 pixels but no smaller than 640 x 640 pixels. Video, animation, and movie files should be exported to QuickTime format, and be at least 320 x 240 in pixel dimensions. Please no PowerPoint files. Important: include the image list on the CD in an .rtf or .doc file.
- An artist statement: Write a one-page essay about your primary interests in making art.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher who knows you and your work sent directly to the PreCollege office via mail or email.
- A $65 application fee
Please contact us for pertinent information and international application overview.
2013 PreCollege Application Documents:
*Applicants: Direct your teachers to this website page to fill out the teacher recommendation form online. You may also print the document for them to mail in to us directly.
*Teachers: Open the teacher recommendation form to fill out and submit to us directly online. You may also print the document and mail it in.
Send all documents to:
San Francisco Art Institute
800 Chestnut Street
San Francisco, CA 94133