Open Drawing Studio
Drop-in for one session, or participate every week in SFAI's free Open Drawing Studio. With no instructor, participants work at their own pace and concentrate on personal interests in figure drawing. Bring your drawing materials, and practice figurative mark-making in our historic studios with a live model!
11 Sessions » Fridays, September 12–December 5
(no session November 14 or November 28)
5:30–8:30 pm | Studio 14 | Free
No advanced registration necessary
SFAI’s widely-known Friday Open Drawing Studio has been an art resource in the Bay Area since the 1950s. It provides students the opportunity to draw from a live model in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
The Open Drawing Studio is sponsored by SFAI alumna Judith Krebs Snyderman (BFA Painting, 1994).
Open Drawing Studio Policies:
- Be courteous and respectful towards your peers, the model, and the studio monitor
- Request help or assistance from the monitor if you have questions
- Maintain a clean work area
- Please do not talk on your cell phone during the drawing session
- Photos of the model are not permitted
- Spray Fixative is not permitted in the drawing studio
- Oil paints and solvents are not permitted in the drawing studio