new student residency requirements
All new undergraduate students are required to live in campus housing during their first academic year. There are many benefits to living in campus housing, including easy access to SFAI resources and services, the peace of mind of not having to hunt for an apartment in the city, and the opportunity to live in a thriving and diverse community of artists who will likely inspire your own work.
Exceptions to the New Student Residency Requirement may be granted under the following circumstances:
- Student is over the age of 20
- Student is married and/or has dependents
- Student has a documented medical reason why he or she cannot live in the residence halls
- Student lives with parents within 30-mile radius of SFAI
- Student is a former member of the U.S. military
If you are a new undergraduate student who does not wish to live in campus housing, and you believe that you qualify for one of the above exceptions, please complete the Housing Appeal Form and return it along with all required documentation to the Student Affairs Office at 800 Chestnut St., San Francisco, CA 94133. For questions, contact us at email@example.com or at 415.351.3556.