I was born in Galilee, Palestine. I have participated in artist residencies in Italy, France, Turkey, and Germany. In 2009, I was awarded the Murphy Cadagan Fellowship and exhibited at the San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery. I attended California College of the Arts, where I received a full tuition scholarship, and completed my MFA in Social Practice in 2010.
My thesis project was selected for Introductions 6: The Annual Exhibition of New Works by Recent Art College Graduates at Irvine Contemporary Gallery in Washington, DC. Other exhibition venues include the Thessaloniki Biennial Performance Art Festival in Greece, Southern Exposure, the Contemporary Jewish Museum, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Performance Art Institute, and Krowswork Gallery. In 2012 I had my first solo show in the Bay Area at ProArts in Oakland as part of the ProArts: 2x2 Solos.
- Solo exhibition: 2x2 Solos, Pro Arts Gallery Oakland, CA, 2012
- Group exhibition: Presenting Absence: Moving Images of Palestine, Bonington Gallery, Nottingham, England, 2012
The Raw Feed, Room for Big Ideas Gallery, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts,
San Francisco, 2012
- Working Conditions, A Process Based Project, Southern Exposure Gallery, San Francisco, 2011
Old Intersections – Make it New, The 3rd Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, Performance Art Festival, State Museum of Contemporary Art Thessaloniki, Greece, 2011
- Pro Arts Gallery 2x2 Solos 2012, Catalog
- SF Artweek-Preview Night / Artcards Review by Emma Spertus and Post Brothers, 2011
- Performing the Personal and Political: The Art of Wafaa Yasin by Jeanne Gerrity, Art Practical, 2011
- MFA in Social Practice, California College of the Arts, San Francisco, 2010
- Course Certificates Exchange Student, Sculpture Major, Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Künste, Stuttgart Germany, 2005
- BFA, Bezalel School of Art and Deisgn, Jerusalem, 2005