My work draws from a wide range of historical and contemporary experiences. I create architecture for the remainder by questioning one’s perceptions on how the world is viewed. It is a laboratory for creative dialogue that transcends personal particulars and is transformational.
Awards are numerous and include: the Rockefeller Fellowship to Bellagio, Italy (1996 and 2007); Joan Mitchell Award; NEA Fellowship in Sculpture; Flintridge Foundation Award for Visual Award. I have exhibited both nationally and internationally and am represented by Gallery Paule Anglim San Francisco and Moeller Fine Art Berlin.
- Museum of Glass, Tacoma, WA 2011 (solo)
- Palo Alto Cultural Center, 2011 (group
- Gallery Paule Anglim, San Francisco, 2010 (solo)
- Stone, Nick. Mildred Howard, Magnolia Editions. Magnolia Editions, 2008.
- Davis, James W. Hybrid Culture: Mix-Art. Kendall/Hun Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA, 2006, pp. 161-165.
- LaFalle-Collins, Lizzetta. Dispersed. Museum of the African Diaspora, San Francisco, CA, 2005.
- MFA Fiberworks Center for the Textile Arts /John F. Kennedy University