Michella Rivera-Gravage is a multimedia artist, whose work tells personal and social stories. She works with the moving image and new media to create participatory and distributed projects. Michella is currently the Director of Digital and Interactive Media at the Center for Asian American Media (CAAM), where she develops and implements the social media strategy for the organization and oversees all new media projects, including hapas.us, a media-sharing site for multiracial Asians, and an iPhone game called “Filipino or Not.
- New York Mix Festival, Anthology Film Archives, 2001
- Digital Art and New Media Festival, UCSC, 2006
- Pixel, Politics and Play – 29th San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival, SuperFrog Gallery, 2011
- “53”/”Our Girls”/”I am Now the Chaste Specter.” Babaylan: An Anthology of Filipina and Filipina American Writers. Aunt Lute Books, 2000.
- “litany no. m.” Screaming Monkeys: Critiques of Asian American Images. Coffee House Press, 2003.
- “Is This Your Train?” Babaylan Speaks Online Journal. February 2003
- BA, Rhetoric and Women Studies, University of California, Berkeley
- MFA, Digital Arts/New Media, University of California, Santa Cruz