Lindsey White is working in still photography, video, and installation. White offers subtle and often humorous insights into questions of truth vs illusion, found vs fabricated and synchronicity vs chaos. Her manipulations of materials and settings, by both analog and digital means, mixed with a keen eye for coincidence make for playful yet haunting images of the not so mundane everyday. Her recent project, “In Search of the Miraculous,” took her on a 3 and half month road trip with her dog, Lolly, to find videos and photographs and to meet people along her travels.
White has been an artist in residence at the Headlands Center for the Arts in Marin, CA, and was a 2010 finalist for the SFMOMA SECA Award.
- Isn’t it Obvious, San Francisco Arts Commission, San Francisco, CA, 2011
- Equivalent Exposure, Baer Ridgeway Exhibitions, San Francisco, CA, 2010
- Fade In, University of Texas Visual Arts Center, Austin, TX, 2010
- Alchemy, Southern Exposure, San Francisco, CA, 2010
- Review: Lindsey White “Equivalent Exposure” at Baer Ridgway, SF Chronicle, Kenneth Baker, July 2010
- Review: “Lindsey White at Ping Pong Gallery,” Artsweek, May 2009
- “Magic Moments,” SF Weekly, March 30, 2009
- Local Artist of the Week, SF Guardian, March 11, 2009
- BFA, Pacific Northwest College of Art
- MFA, California College of the Arts