Jennifer Locke composes physically intense actions in relation to the camera and specific architecture in order to explore hierarchies between artist, model, camera and audience. Working in video and installation-based performance, her actions focus on cycles of physicality, duration and visibility. She has exhibited in venues such as the 2010 California Biennial; 48th Venice Biennale; Air de Paris in Paris; the 9th Havana Biennial; the Basel Art Fair; La Panaderia, Mexico City; Palais de Beaux-Arts in Brussels; Canada, New York; Yerba Buena Center for the Arts; the Berkeley Art Museum; and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Locke has curated exhibitions, co-produced a cable access show, and sung in punk bands. She was recently awarded a 2012 Fleishhacker Foundation Eureka Fellowship.
- 2010 California Biennial, Orange County Museum of Art, CA, 2010
- SFMOMA: Now Playing, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, CA, 2010
- Skank Bloc Bologna Number 4, Berkeley Art Museum, CA, 2010
- Video Action, Solo Exhibition, Queen's Nails Projects, San Francisco, CA, 2010
- The 7th Busan International Video Festival, Busan, South Korea, 2010
- BFA, San Francisco Art Institute
- MFA, San Francisco Art Institute