Jenifer K Wofford’s creative practice encompasses installation, painting, drawing, photo, video, performance, teaching, and curating, often playing with notions of culture, difference, liminality, and authenticity, and leveraged with a healthy dose of humor. Wofford is also 1/3 of the artist trio Mail Order Brides/M.O.B.
Wofford’s awards include grants from the Fleishhacker Foundation, Art Matters Foundation, and UCIRA, and artist residencies at Solyst AIR Center, Denmark, The Living Room, Philippines, and the Liguria Study Center, Italy.
She has exhibited locally at the Berkeley Art Museum, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Southern Exposure and Kearny Street Workshop; nationally at New Image Art, Los Angeles and thirtynine hotel, Honolulu; and internationally at Manila Contemporary, Philippines and Osage Gallery Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
- Disrupture, IcTus Gallery, San Francisco, CA, 2012
- Fermata, Berkeley Art Museum, Berkley, CA, 2007
- Bay Area Now 4, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco, CA, 2005
- MFA, University of California, Berkeley
- BFA, San Francisco Art Institute