Jay Rosenblatt is an internationally recognized artist who has been working as an independent filmmaker since 1980 and has completed over 25 films. His work explores our emotional and psychological cores. They are personal in their content yet universal in their appeal.
His films have received over 100 awards and have screened throughout the world. A selection of his films had theatrical runs at the Film Forum in New York and at theaters around the country. His most recent films screened for a week at MoMA. Eight of his films have been at the Sundance Film Festival and several of his films have shown on HBO.
- The Darkness of Day: Recent Films by JR, MoMA, NY, October 2010
- Atelier Jay Rosenblatt: Visions du Reel, Nyon Switzerland, April 2011
- Retrospective at EYE Film Institute, Amsterdam, June 2012
- MA, Film Production, San Francisco State University
- MS, Counseling, University of Oregon
- BA, Psychology and English, University of Buffalo