I am an illustrator with a background in fine arts. I create images by hand, using traditional techniques and materials, but I always bring my work into the computer to digitally enhance, publish and share. My art has appeared in magazines, on rock posters and book covers, and from time to time on nice, clean gallery walls. I am influenced by comic books, German expressionism, pulp fiction book covers, typography, Mexican papel picado, and by contemporary art and illustration. My work has received recognition from the Independent Music Awards, the Society of Illustrators, and Communication Arts.
- 49th Annual Society of Illustrators exhibition, Gallery Nucleus, 2011
- The Monster Under the Bed, Harwood Art Center, 2009
- Where We Overlap (group show), A.Muse Gallery, 2007
- American Illustration 29, 2010
- Communication Arts, Illustration Annual (cover image), 2007
- Art of Modern Rock, Chronicle Books, 2004
- BFA, California College of Arts and Crafts, 1991