Francesca Romeo lives and works between Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City. Her research interest is in global documentary photography and film. She has self-published two books of photographs, entitled Mars and Elegy. Mars chronicles her years working as a bartender during which she interviewed, photographed, and filmed her patrons struggling with severe addictions. Elegy extends outward into her subject's homes while looking at the nature of pathos and intimacy within various subcultures. She also writes photography criticism, reviews exhibitions, and is currently working on a documentary film on Haiti in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake.
- Self Exposure, Daniel Cooney Fine Art, New York, NY, 2010
- Francesca Romeo and Tema Stauffer, Daniel Cooney Fine Art, New York, NY, 2009
- In This Place, Art In General, New York, NY, 2004
- MFA, Photography Pratt Institute, New York
- MS, Art History, Pratt Institute, New York
- BA, English, University of California, Berkeley