Bijan Yashar was born in Tehran, Iran and has lived in California since 1979. Bijan’s photography and video works reflect a variety of subject matter and content: the social, the phenomenological, the political, the aesthetic, and things he says he has no words for, only images. In addition to pursuing his fine art work, Bijan is a freelance video editor and a digital media consultant. Currently, he is a visiting faculty at the San Francisco Art Institute, an adjunct professor at the California College of the Arts, and also teaches digital photography and digital imaging at Berkeley City College.
- Eighteen Months: Taking the Pulse of Bay Area Photography, presented by The San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery and Photoalliance, San Francisco City Hall, 2008
- Beautiful Eyesores, Art Engine, 2008
- Glimpses in Time, curated by Stephen Wirtz, Joyce Gordon Gallery, 2008
- MFA, New Genres, San Francisco Art Institute
- MA, Educational Psychology, University of California, Berkeley