SFAI partners with the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design (AICAD) to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to study for either the spring or fall semester at a participating AICAD Mobility school. AICAD is a consortium of 41 leading art schools in the U.S. and Canada; however, not every school participates in theAICAD Mobility Program. See AICAD Partners for a full list of participating schools.
The AICAD Mobility Program is a one to one exchange, meaning, in order to participate, there must be a student from the intended host school willing here at SFAI during the same semester as an SFAI student goes to the host school. For more information visit the AICAD website.
SFAI students are required to complete an internal SFAI application and external host school application by the following deadlines:
FALL Semester: APRIL 1 SPRING Semester: SEPTEMBER 20
- SFAI Academic Semester Application
- Application for AICAD Mobility Program. Application, Portfolio, Deadlines Requirements vary. Contact AICAD Host School for deadlines and details
SFAI Eligibility Requirements for AICAD Mobilty
The minimum SFAI requirements to be eligible for admission to an approved academic semester program do not have to be complete at the time of application, but must be complete before semester away from SFAI:
- English Composition A & B (6 units)
- Humanities A & B (6 units)
- Global Art History, Modernism and Modernity, and Contemporary Art Now (9 units)
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Junior Status: 60- 75 units complete (24 units earned at SFAI, no more than 45 units of transfer credit already received)
- Must be able to complete 30 units at SFAI upon return to fulfill SFAI residency requirement for degree completion
Please contact the Global Programs Office for application forms, deadlines and more information about AICAD Mobility.